Tuesday 1 May 2012

They say the heart of every home...

...is the kitchen.
For me...its my kitchen table!!
This table was the item which really sparked my love for furniture (and getting a total bargain!) and its the piece that led to me to turn what had for so many years been a rented house into a homely home.
The weekend before I purchased my table, I had bought a more modern round table for £20, which when I got home realised wasn't the right shape for the space, and because of the deep red/brown terracotta tiles in the kitchen, the modern look was not a match. So, I sold that round table for £40 (without doing any work on it?!)...I then bought the new table for £20...which basically means the new table was totally free!
The before pic is from the advert on gumtree for it and is taken in the sellers house. When I saw the table online, I knew straight away it was exactly the table I needed for my kitchen. Its was old and grubby, but I could see past that and knew with a bit of love and effort it would be amazing.
This is the table (Before).


The weekend after I had purchased the table, I saw a tin of Farrow & Ball Tallow NO.203 Estate Emulsion paint at a car boot sale and snapped it up for £2! I couldn't believe my luck as it was exactly what I was wanting to paint the base of the table with! Perfect!
The table needed a VERY good clean, and with the help of my father in law, we cleaned the top up using white spirit and fine wire wool and lovingly coated it in bees wax, I then gave the base 3 coats of the bargain F&B paint...and..
...here she is....(After)


My beloved kitchen table.
Now...I just need some chairs to match.....

No comments:

Post a Comment