Wednesday 16 May 2012

Little Trinket Boxes

Hi All, Just a little project to share today....I found one of these lovely little wooden boxes at a car boot sale one day, and oddly enough for the other...which is a exact match from a different car boot a few weeks later?!
Trinket Boxes (Before).
Even though they were already quite cute, I knew I wanted to paint them in some pale green farrow and ball paint I had and spruce them up somehow.
I gave them a few coats of the paint. I am pretty happy with the results and think they came out lookly lovely....and a blank canvas for ....what!?

Trinket Boxes (Painted in Farrow & Ball).

Now there are so many options of what to do with them...im not sure where to go from here! Im thinking a lovely stencil in light grey would look nice on the top of them, however im not sure what it should be of? Words or maybe an image? I like the idea of words...but havent decided where they are going to go yet, or what im going to put in them...so I will wait until I do before deciding!

I didnt want to leave them sitting there looking so plain. So I got some pale green polka dot ribbon and glued some around the bottom edge which I think looks cute!

Trinket Boxes (After).

They still arent finished....I think they need something else....or I might even take the ribbon off all together and go in a different direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment