Tuesday 1 May 2012

Chairs Chairs Everywhere...

I needed some chairs to match my beautiful kitchen table...
After a few days scouring the internet, I found a small round table and chairs for sale on gumtree for £10...the chairs were perfect but I didnt really want the little round table. Mostly people try to sell second hand pine chairs like this for about £50-£60 for a pair!? I guess these people just wanted rid of them as they were pretty old. I drove out to pick them up...when I got there...they were in a state, really old and stained however on the upside, they were so old that any varnish on them had come off which meant sanding them to paint would be really easy!

The chairs (Before).


I collected the little round table along with the chairs, I didnt really want the table but they wanted to get rid of it so I sold it on.

I spent a sunny afternoon in my garden with my chairs, a quick sanding, any last bits of varnish just crumbled away with great ease so it took literally a few minutes to have both chairs sanded and looking brand new!

I gave the backs and legs a couple of coats of the same Farrow & Ball Tallow NO.203 Estate Emulsion paint that I had used on the table, leaving the seat base in its natural wood and just giving it a good rub with some beeswax which smells amazing!

The chairs (After).

A perfect match for my kitchen table. The shabby chic country style of the table and chairs compliments the terracotta kitchen floor tiles so well.


So thats 2 chairs....I need some more chairs....
Im thinking 6 would sit around my table nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment